National Secretariat for Early Childhood Development
Creation of a physically, psychosocially and cognitively developed generation of Sri Lankan children in their Early Childhood.
As the national level focal institution, ensuring the total development of Sri Lankan children in their Early Childhood through formulation, implementation, monitoring and following up of policies and programs.
Organizational Structure of Children’s Secretariat
Key Objectives/ Functions
- Functioning as the mechanism for the formulation and implementation of National Policies on Early Childhood Care and Development.
- Coordinating and networking Early Childhood Development programmes of the public and private sectors and non-government organizations.
- Conducting research, collection of data and formulation of programmes relevant to Early Childhood Care and Development.
- Formulation and implementation of training programmes relevant to the overall development of children in their Early Childhood.
- Development of Human Resource relevant to Early Childhood Development.