Hon. Minister of Education, Prof. G.L. Peiris had a special discussion under his patronage and with the participation of Hon. Minister, Piyal Nishantha De Silva, on 25 August 2020 at the Ministry of Higher Education. The Secretary of the Ministry of Education and the Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Pre School and Primary Education, School Infrastructure and School Services along with Heads of Departments representing each institution functioning under the State Ministry attended the discussion.
Key Objectives of the Discussion
- Raise awareness of the officers on responsibilities entrusted with the Ministry and the tasks that the Ministry should high priority at the implementation this year.
- Raise awareness of officers on programmes that the Ministry should launch in 2021 and the ways and means of implementation
- Propose solutions for issues of administration and management difficulties that may arise due to the establishment of State Ministries under the Ministry of Education for the first time and to have officers’ views
- The draft plan of the Women and Child Affairs Division for the next year
- Measures to be taken in the future to get ready for the discussion with H.E. the President (After 14 September 2020 )
- Allocations made by the Treasury for this State Ministry for the next four months
- Prepare part of the present draft plan for the period up to 31 December 2020 as a separate plan.
- Prepare a separate plan for the year 2021
- Forward the amended plan proposed for the discussion with H.E. the President to the Minister before 14 September 2020
Hon. Minister bestowed sincere thanks to the officers of the Women and Child Affairs Division for drafting a plan paying attention to the priorities given in the “Vistas of Prosperity and Splendour” National Policy Framework. He reiterated the importance of having active participation of everybody, including the Minister, State Minister and the staff, in programmes to achieve objectives of the Ministry. The Hon. State Minister expressed that he would extend his fullest and cordial cooperation to the officers while maintaining a close relationship with them to fulfil the expectations of the President and the Prime Minister.