The “Guru Abhimani” Program implemented by the State Ministry of Women and Child Development, Pre-Schools and Primary Education, School Infrastructure and Education Services will be officially launched on 17th June 2021 at Temple Trees under the patronage of the Hon. Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The following events are scheduled to take place
• Commencement of the provision of Rs. 2500 allowance for pre-school teachers
• Handing over the draft National Policy on Early Childhood Education to the Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa
• Providing Rs. 2.5 million each for 150 pre-schools
• Providing Rs. 600,000 each for infrastructure development of 1500 pre-schools
• Launching the map of recently mapped Early Childhood Development Centers in Sri Lanka